Hakuna 😀 Matata!
Welcome to my online home! I’m Kartikeya Goel—a student at Delhi Public School Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, India.
I’m an explorer, always on the hunt for a new summit; a believer in change for the society’s better; a basketball enthusiast who reveres the didactic nature of sports.
For making a positive impact in my society, I’ve taken up initiatives:
Assist (for promoting basketball among less privileged children)
First-time Voter (for election awareness among youth)
ADDequate (for ADHD awareness)
Karfa (Fashion brand & e-commerce website)
Evidently, pink is my ink for gender equality.
Tribute To My Grandfather
My granddad was humble, the most generous, and probably one of the most genuine human beings I’ve ever met in my life. He was the second man, after my father, who loved me unconditionally; no matter how many mistakes I made, no matter how bad I was, no matter how bad a student I was at times, he would always love me. He was proud of whatever I achieved.
I still remember when I got selected for basketball nationals in 2015, he was the proudest person I could see at home. The best thing about him was that he was never partial to me or my sister—he loved us both equally. He never compared us to each other. It was always my dream that my grandfather saw me become a successful human being, and the worst part about this is that dream of mine will never be fulfilled now. But, I promise to make him proud no matter what I do.
Most importantly, my granddad has always been the perfect role model and a person whom I really look up to. He, in one way or the other, has taught me how to be a perfect grandfather like him when I grow old.
Dadu, I will always miss you. There are so many wonderful memories to hold on to. You were a role model. Your guidance and love will carry me through the end of my days.
I love you … until we meet again … but just remember, you’ll always be my Jaan and no one will ever replace you and take that title in my life.
Delhi Public School, Vasant Kunj (2006– )
- Grade 11 & 12: Commerce stream (2018– )
- Grade 10 (2018)
Honors & Achievements
- Blue Scholar Coat & Tie for excellent academic performance in Grade 10 CBSE Board Exams (2017–18)
- Blue Scholar Badge for excellent academic performance in Grade 10 (2017–18)
- Blue Scholar Gown & Badge for consistent and excellent academic performance in Grade 9 (2016–17)
- Founder at Assist, First-time Voter, ADDequate, Karfa (2018– )
- Vice Sports Captain, DPS Vasant Kunj (2018–19)
- Captain, Delhi Basketball Boys’ U-14 Team at National School Games (2015–16)
- German Language Editor, School Magazine (2014)
- Represented Delhi Basketball Boys’ U-17 Team at the 64th National School Games, organised by School Games Federation of India (2018–19)
- Silver medal with Team India Junior Basketball Team at the Paris World Games (2017)
- Red Sportspersons Gown for outstanding performance in sports (2017)
- Participated in 42nd Sub Junior National Basketball Championship for Boys & Girls (2016)
- Bronze medal as captain of the Delhi Basketball Boys’ U-14 Team at the 61st National School Games, organised by School Games Federation of India (2015–16)
- Represented school in a cultural exchange program with Lycée Sainte Marie, Normandy, France (2018)
- “Best Team Using Emotional Connect” award in the Business & Entrepreneurship Program organised by Wharton Business School, UPenn (2017)
- Won multiple inter-school French language competitions as part of the school team
- Initial grade in Piano from Trinity School of London
- Cleared Delf A1 and A2 from Alliance Française with excellent scores
- Cleared FIT (German language exam) in Deutsch 1 from Goethe Institute
Global Leader Program in Duke Summer Courses (2018)
- Got great insight about myself through sessions based on the best-selling novel ‘Search Inside Yourself’ by Chad-Meng Tan (a.k.a. Jolly Good Fellow)
Business & Entrepreneurship Program at Global Young Leaders Academy – Knowledge at Wharton (2017)
- The project, titled “PairIt”, was based on matching a clothing item with other complementary clothing and recommending the latter as a fashion suggestion to the user
- Received award for “Best Team Using Emotional Connect”
Assist is a basketball academy for the less privileged kids. Through basketball, we aim to indulge the kids in a worthwhile sport which teaches them life’s values and assist them in assimilating into the mainstream.
If you wish to start a local Assist chapter in your school or locality, please contact us. We also welcome you to join as a volunteer or donate for this cause.
Assist is proud to be getting attention from various esteemed media outlets—to know more, click here.
I have heard political leaders proclaim that children are the future of India. But, I have never heard the same leaders seeking to know our vision for the future and our expectations from the current government. Through #FirstTimeVoter, we the children, will share our agenda for the Indian General Elections 2019.
Pledge to raise election awareness in your campus by joining our network of student leaders here.
First-time Voter is proud to be getting attention from various esteemed media outlets—to know more, click here.
I am a fashion aficionado and Karfa, a portmanteau of ‘Kartikeya’ and ‘Fashion’, would be the name of my fashion brand. My fashion venture would bring to you the vivid hues of textiles, patterns, stitches, sourced directly from the traditional weavers in the heart of rural India.
As a child suffering from ADHD, I have first-hand experience of the hardship it brings. Therefore, ADDequate—an ADHD awareness website—was set up by me to make a positive difference in the lives of those who, like me, have no choice but to put up with it.
If you are a child suffering from ADHD, please feel free to connect with me. I also welcome anyone to join as a volunteer or donate to our cause.
BELL (Breathe Easy, Live Long)
Over the years, breathing clean air has become more of a privilege than a basic human right. The obnoxious air quality of Delhi has forced the people to wear masks whenever they go outside. This is an ominous scenario which, I feel, should be fixed at the earliest. #BELL’s goal is to raise awareness on this issue and help curb air pollution to an acceptable level.
Tip: Click on a picture to open an album.
Tip: Hover over an image to see blog category. Click to open the blog post.
To visit the website, click here.
I have interest in social work, entrepreneurship, and advocacy for child and women issues. I’m actively seeking to collaborate with individuals/organisations that align with my interests. Please fill out the form below to get in touch.